Growing up I didn’t really eat a lot of fast food. The main
reason for that is because my parents couldn’t afford for us to go out to eat,
and when we did go out, I would share a meal with my mom. So up until Jr. High
I was pretty good at not eating fast food. Then once I entered Jr. High, for
some reason I started eating fast food more often. It was a mixture of
McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Burger King, and a bunch of Mexican restaurants.
Then all of a sudden I started gaining a little weight. I didn’t think much of
it, and neither did my parents. So we kept out bad eating routine going, and as
the months went by, I gained more and more weight. Pretty soon I was a
five-foot tall seventh grader weighing 125 lbs. I can honestly say that for a
while there I had no neck. I started eating not just a lot of fast food, but a
lot of junk food at home as well. I didn’t think it was a bad thing but looking
back now, it most certainly was. Then when I entered high school, I started
getting a little healthier with my eating habits. I never completely took fast
food out of my diet, I just tried eating it less often and throwing some
healthier foods in my diet.
Now that I am older, I try even harder not to
eat a lot of fast food, but sometimes it’s hard. Being a college student and
having a job doesn’t really give me a lot of time to whip up a meal at home. So
I do rely on fast food a little more then I would like to. The fact that I am
earning my own money now doesn’t help either. Sometimes I wish I had bills to
pay so that I wouldn’t be able to afford going out to eat so often. But despite
eating out every now and then, my eating habits are much better than they were
when I was a child. I ate a lot more fruits and vegetables and drink a lot of
water. If I could just get fast food out of my life, I think I would be a much
healthier person.
Don't cut yourself short. You can stop eating fast food if you put your mind and time to it. Pack a sandwich for lunch, it's cheap, and delicious when you add tomato,cheese, lettuce,cilantro, turkey, avocado,or whatever you like.....mmmmmm!!:)
ReplyDeleteI agree, I think I would be a healthier person too by cutting out fast food.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree, I wish I could get fast food out of my life completely.
ReplyDeletei think that's a common problem we all have being college students and having jobs, we can never find time to make ourselves a healthy meal so we rely on fast food because its quicker to get. I can completely relate.
ReplyDeleteYeah, its hard because you one home exhausted and you'd rather have something ready on the table then having to cook it yourself due to exhaustion.
ReplyDeleteI found myself in a similar situation as you. I started to rely on fast food for a while, but now it has slowly become distant. I do agree that not having fast food in our life would make some things much more easier. Especially if someone decides to change their eating habits.
ReplyDeleteIt’s funny you say that you weighed 125lb in 7th Grade. My son is in 6th grade and weighs 120lb and is freaking out. He's 5'5" though and really athletic but he freaks out because of the number. Good luck with your new diet plans, its hard doing so much in your life.
ReplyDeleteThats good you didn't really eat fast food. Rarely eating fast food comes with quality health. This paper was good. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI agree, i wish i could leave fast food as well.
ReplyDeleteYea i think the problem most of us have is fast food is just a lot faster and easier to get. Good luck in staying healthy im sure one of these days all of us will get tired of fast food.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to what you are saying. I had a problem with fast food too. I now prep my lunch for the week on the weekend. Good luck with getting healthier.
ReplyDeleteYou know when you older, it really gets challenging. I know when I got married, the pounds kept coming. Just being aware at a young age is commendable-keep it up!
ReplyDeleteEspecially when you hardly even have time to just relax, let alone make yourself a meal. Being a full time student and working can make it hard to stay away from fast food
ReplyDeleteWow, about the weight gaining with the sudden fast food eating.
ReplyDelete