Monday, February 25, 2013

Family


            Family, in my opinion, is the most important thing that we need in our life. We have a connection with out family that we cant have with a friend or a significant other. Personally, I don’t know what I would do with out my immediate family, especially my parents and sister. I spend about 40% of the week with my parents and if I could I would spend even more time with them. We have such good communication with each other and we can talk about anything.
            My mom is the most important person in my family. She comforts me whenever I need comforting, she gives me advice whenever I need it, and she is there to help me whenever I need help. My mom is the person I tell all my personal experiences and dilemmas too and she always understands me. Since day one she has been my best friend, and she will continue to be so forever and ever.
            I have a different relationship with my dad. We don’t talk about very many personal things, unless it is super important. We do however talk for hours about what is going on in the world and community. The relationship between us Is almost like the type of relationship two guy friends would have. Without him I would be a much different person than I am today.
            The person in my family that fills me with the most joy is my little sister. After being an only child for 15 years, she brought a lot of fun into the family when she was born. She always puts a smile on my face, even though she doesn’t even know she is. I love playing with her because she makes me forget about all the problems we face as adults and lets me bring out my inner child. Babysitting her makes me think about the true meaning of a family: taking care of, and being there for one another when we need someone.
            Not all of us have the same relationships with our family. We may not all be able to get along as well us we would like too, but we all truly need to have a family that can look out for us and communicate with. Luckily, I have that family, and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same with my mother. While growing up she was a single mother raising my brother and I. Thus making her very close to me.

    ReplyDelete